Monday, September 28, 2009

Venting. . .

Yesterday at work I Was pulled aside and asked if I minded moving to night shift. I said no problem. I am not a seven level yet, so we don't have one on days. There are two on nights, so it just makes sense to level out the playing field, so to speak. Monday would normally be my day off, but I came home after hanging out with a friend from a past assignment, to find a note on my door instructing me to report to work today at 1830. So, not only do I not get my scheduled day off, I have a mere 24 to try and acclimate to a night shift schedule. What the hell is that about?? So I tried to stay up as long as I could. I managed to stay awake 23 hours, I just couldn't make it any longer. I ended up sleeping close to eight hours. Getting up around 10 this morning. I just can't go back to sleep. So, I am going to be dragging tonight. They had better not expect too much out of me tonight. Ok, now that that is over.

Last night I was at least able to hang out with some buddies from my first duty assignment at Pope AFB. One of them is deployed here, and another is just passing through. It was cool being able to catch up, and have a few beers and a cigar with them.

Another thing about switching shifts. I originally had no problem with it, strictly because I am training for a half marathon, and it is supposed to get really cold here soon. With me being on nights, I will still be able to run before work when it is the warmest time of day. I hope I can manage. We will see. . .

Get out there and run!

1 comment:

  1. Valley of Fire Marathon
    http://vofmarathon.ning.com
    Send me a message there under the same username as here.
    10k or Half-marathon.
    We have a race here in Afghanistan and there is a unit in Iraq pulling it too. If you can get more than yourself to participate that would be good, but if not, we'll figure it out. Even if I have to send your t-shirt and medal to you.

    ReplyDelete