Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A late run,

Hey all.

Don't you just hate it when your alarm clock doesn't go off?

I sure do. Especially when I want to get some miles in before heading to work. That is what happened this morning. Jodie woke me up asking what time I was going to get up. I said 4. She said "um, it's 4:30. " Crap!! So needless to say, I was behind schedule this morning. Luckily I still had time to get in 5.8 miles. It sure felt great to get back out on the road. I can't wait to start running here again when I get back from my deployment, and I haven't even left yet!

. . .

If you have time, under the blogs i'm reading, or subscribed to section, check out the blog called "Desert Running." You can find it here. Click.

It's about a soldier in the Army, who is training for half marathons. In Afghanistan. He makes time to get miles in, and he also has organized "shadow races" over there too. Shadow races are when you get permission, and help from actual races stateside, then you run the race wherever you are. Pretty cool! An inspiration for fellow runners in the AOR.

I came across his blog through http://www.steverunner.com. The home of Steve Runner and his podcast "Pheddipidations" Steve features a couple of blogs every week on his podcast.

This week it is "Desert Running" and *drum roll* RUNNING WITH FISH!!! Seriously! I am not sure what I did to get the honor, but I was sure to send him a note of thanks. Do me a favor, and check out Steve's podcast/blog. It is great




Get out there and Run!

4 comments:

  1. dude, thats cool about steverunner! i looked last night, but i didn't notice your blurb. cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! Daddy had me look at that site last night, so I saw your blog listed. Will you be able to blog from your deployment so we can keep up with your progress??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely try to keep it up while I am gone. It may end up being less about running, and more about day to day events over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for the mention, and yeah, I thought it was cool too.
    The shadow races are coming along, and now myself and a couple of others are thinking about trying to do a full marathon. Have to get blessings from various people of course, but...we'll see.
    Which theatre are you headed to and who with?

    ReplyDelete