Friday, September 4, 2009

Wet shoes

I have today off. So I slept until Jodie needed to get up. Well, I tried too. Hoss woke me up about 12 minutes before the alarm needing to go pee. After letting him out, I sat down on the couch and picked up my Nintendo DS. Big mistake. I sat there for about an hour trying to figure out this new game I got called Animal Crossing: Wild World. The next thing I know there is a big cell headed our way on the Weather Channel. I quickly changed into my running clothes to try to get some miles in before the storm. I had originally planned on doing 6 miles today. I am glad I didn't. I ended up doing 4 miles. At the beginning of the fourth mile it started to sprinkle a little bit. Then, about a quarter of a mile later, it started pouring. Needless to say, I then had some motivation to pick up the pace some. At one point during that fevered pace, I hit the center button on my iPod to see what my current pace was. It told me I was going around a 6:15 minute mile pace. "Holy Crap," I thought. If I could only maintain that speed for longer distances, I might be able to do some competing! I may have to work on that. Anyhow, I had better get to packing, and loading up the car. T-minus 6 hours and 35 minutes until we pull out of here and head home for the weekend.

. . .

Here is the link for today's run. Check it out!


Get out there and run!

No comments:

Post a Comment