Saturday, September 19, 2009

I'm here

So, I made it to where I was going finally. Kyrgyzstan. Not bad. The climate is very similar to Wichita. I have made it out to run twice since I got here. I'm afraid that I am also getting bored with the running here already. I mean, don't get me wrong, it felt great to get out on the road again. Not much acreage to run on behind the gates. Not allowed to run off base. I'm stuck. I will try to manage.

I was able to get in 5 miles yesterday morning before work, and 4.3 this morning.

One good thing about this place, they have races about once a month, from what I have heard anyways. Yesterday was a satellite race of the Air Force Marathon. I didn't find out until it was too late. Evidently you could run the full marathon on your own. Or you could pair up in a team of two or four, and do a half or quarter of a marathon. I wish we hadn't broken in England. Oh well. We'll see what I can do in the future.

On a side note, I just saw an update from Nik and Dan with 4 Feet Running. I noticed my blog was mentioned on their blog. I haven't had a chance to listen to the new show yet, but look forward to it.

I am currently working 6 and 1's here. 6 days on, one day off. I will most likely take my day off as a day off from running. Unless I find some hidden trail or something I can run on and do my longer runs on my day off. We will play that by ear.

I will post up my run info on Dailymile and here on my days off too.

Until next time,

Get out there and run.

2 comments:

  1. Look at this way, you can earn some extra race medals while you are there, and by the time you leave you'll know where every crack in the concrete is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see a post, means you are there, and even able to run. As boring as it may get, at least it is better than a treadmill!!
    looking forward to talking to you.

    ReplyDelete