Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Good day,

This morning I had a great run. I woke up at 5am with the intention of running. I let the dogs out, then sat down to watch the weather channel to make sure I wasn't going to be running in a thunderstorm. A little rain doesn't bother me, but if there's lightning, all bets are off. By the time I finally got dressed, it was 5:30. I'm very slow at getting around in the morning. I had planned to run 5 miles. At some point during my run I decided to change my route up. The next thing I know, 8 miles. I felt great. An added plus, my iPod actually decided to work right this time! It actually logged my run. You can see it here.

Something cool happened after I ended my workout. Some of you may know that when you reach a certain distance, or length of workout with the Nike+, that you hear a little message from a famous athlete. I have heard Lance Armstrong, Tiger Woods, and a few others. They will chime in when you log a certain distance or length of workout, then any time you beat that record. Today I heard from an athlete i've never heard from, but that's okay. She told me I had a great workout then told me I had burned an enormous amount of calories. 1068 to be exact. Although, if you clicked on the link to my run summary, you'd already know that.

Can't wait for my upcoming races!

Until next time, get out there and run.

1 comment: