Thursday, January 27, 2011

Running on a whim.

I have had a pretty freakin' bad week so far. I won't go into details, but I will say this, it made me question re-enlisting.

Today when I got home Jodie told me she might go for a quick run. I decided I could easily go and harness that rage and anger that I had bottled up. I decided I wanted to go to a good distance. Well we went back to Hurlburt Field and ran on one of the paths there. I was wearing a winter long sleeved running shirt and a shor sleeved running shirt. For some reason I decided I wanted to wear my hoodie as well. Not such a great idea. About a mile in I was burning up, so I took the hoodie off. I ended up carrying the damn thing for 3 more miles. I am not sure if it threw off my rhythm or not, but as soon as I dropped it off at the Jeep I was able to go another 1.2 miles without feeling too terribly beat. All in all, it was a great run. It got dark quick though. I ended up going 5.29 miles in 49:11. Not too shabby. Well, time to clean up.

Until next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment