Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another great run.

So, as I have mentioned, I have been running with my friend Tracy. As it turns out, Tracy might end up to be a faster runner than me. Until Sunday, the furthest he had ran was 2 miles. So, in his mind, 3 was damn near impossible. So, after running 3.2 on Monday, he feels unstoppable (well, not exactly unstoppable, but it really broadened his running horizons.) Today we ran the same loop we have been running, but today he we crazy motivated. We started out nice and steady, and after a mile or so he started to pick up the pace, intentional or unintentional I'm still unsure. We ended up running 2.6 at an average pace of 9:23. Not bad compared to the first few days of him running. I am afraid I have created another monster. I know I did with Tony Burch, well, I'm not so sure he is still running. When he was, however, he was a monster. Now, I am worried Tracy might get the bug. Well, let me rephrase that. I am not worried, just uncertain. I don't want him going out and trying to run XX number of miles without at least working a little while longer at the shorter runs. I did lay it out there to him that once you get down the ability to keep a pace for a while, and can maintain that pace without killing yourself, then you can run however long you wish really. I mentioned the half marathon to him and said there should be a 5k, I think he is down for that. We will see.

Until next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment