Sunday, January 23, 2011

2.25 mile run

Today we met up with some good friends of ours and went for a morning run before breakfast.

My friend is also in the Air Force, and is concerned about passing his fitness assessment. I am trying to motivate him some by running with him, and passing on any info I might have about running. We ended up running 2.25 miles in 22 minutes. Average pace was 10:04. Not horrible, not great either. It was better than sleeping in, that's for sure. After running, we went to a great breakfast place here in Ft Walton. Joe & Eddies. It's a great diner food type place. They specialize in omelets. I got the Gerard, which has sauteed onions, ham, cheese, and hash-browns mixed in. AMAZING. Also, Jodie noticed that they had cinnamon toast on the menu, so I got that as well. Such a great breakfast.

Now I am going to work on a messenger bag that I've been working on. I have to be prepared for my new bike this week!!

Until next time, get out there and RUN!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey bud good post. Still hate you for going to florida but it's good that one of us got a warm climate. I'll be watching your blog and I'll use it a some inspiration for my own running. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, thanks for the comment. I wasn't thinking anyone was actually reading this thing. Aside from Kelli Garza, who got onto me when I had stopped posting regularly. I hope everything is going better for you since we have left Kansas. Try to stay warm up there.

    ReplyDelete