Tuesday, October 13, 2009

KSO's, and a new personal goal achieved!

Ok, so it must be time for an update.

I singed up for, and completed the World Wide Festival of Races: Pheddipidations Half Marathon. I had signed up for the 10k, but I really wanted to do the half. I kept talking myself up for it. I just had to do it.

I finished it in 01:50:05. I was shooting for a sub 2 hour, and I got it. I was pretty happy about that. It was rough. I can't wait to run one at an actual event. Looking forward to my next one.

On another note, I finally ordered some Vibram Fivefingers. KSO's or "Keep Stuff Out".

They came in the mail today. They are pretty weird feeling right now. I am sure I will get used to them soon. If you want to learn more about Vibrams, head on over to Birthdayshoes.com, a site devoted to Fivefingers, and fans of them. Pretty cool stuff really. Here are some shots of the VFFs. Let me know what you think.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One last thing, I am registered for a satellite running of the Valley of Fire Half Marathon in November. It's pretty cool really. PJ over at his blog "Desert Running" (check out the blogs I am following for a link) has been setting up a few satellite races down in Afghanistan and asked if I wanted to be involved in one. I said Hell Yeah! Well, Tracy, the race director for the Valley of Fire Marathon has implemented something pretty cool. Runners, or interested parties can sponsor those of us that are deployed and wanting to run the satellite race. That is just so cool. I am super excited about this race too. I hope it's not too cold then. We will see. I will keep you guys posted on the progress of this.

1 comment:

  1. I just got word from Tracy that you guys are doing the race. Very cool. I am trying to work on a couple more in Jan/Feb timeframe. Keep me posted and let me know about the VFF's

    ReplyDelete