Sunday, December 27, 2009

Trying something new. . .

Okay, here is the deal. I have recently been slacking a lot with my running. Like, A LOT. I went from about 4-5 times a week, to maybe one time every other week. I have lost a lot of motivation. The whole reason for me doing this blog was to remain accountable to myself for my running. If I posted up my running info, and had some semi-regular readers, then maybe I would feel obligated to them, and keep going.

Then I deployed, and the blog got brushed off to the side. My excuses to myself were the lack of reliable internet access and, well, that is about it. So, a couple of weeks ago, we got wireless internet in the dorms here in Kyrgyzstan. A huge morale boost to say the least. However, the last thing on my mind was my blog. Even though my homepage is my Blogger Dashboard.

I was a little more motivated after my wife got me a Garmin 305 for our anniversary. But not enough I guess. I was still having problems getting into the groove again. Blame it on the weather, or the fact that I am deployed, whatever the reason, I just stopped running. Yeah, my ankle hurts every now and then. I can't let stuff like that stop me.

I decided to try something different with this blog. Before, I was just linking to my Nike+ and using Dailymile. Well, I can't seem to figure out how to have Dailymile recognize my Garmin, and that may be my blessing in disguise. Now I am going to sit down and actually write out my information and stats for the runs. That way I will be able to own them that much more. So, bear with me. Time to start over. Let me know if you have any ideas to make this little bog better.

Thanks,

Parker

1 comment:

  1. Check out buckeyeoutdoors.com
    Supposedly it can pull from somewhere to get your Garmin info...but I haven't figured that out yet. I manually put my info into it and then use the web templates to put into my blog.
    Not having reliable internet sucks.
    Keep going though, you will get back into the groove. Wish I had another race in the near future to get you motivated...and me too.

    ReplyDelete