Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day two

Day two, went better. I got off of work early, so it was harder to motivate myself to get back out into the cold. When Tony came by my room to see if I was going, I almost said no, but I knew I had better get out there. It was a little warmer than the other day, but still cold. I have been having to double up on my socks, wearing a pair of Injinji socks under more traditional socks. My shoes are a little snug in doing this, but it's for the greater good. There is still snow and ice on the not frequently used roads, which happens to be where we run. Needless to say, that added to the challenge. Trying not to inadvertently do the splits mid-stride was tough. Tony mentioned wanting to try to run 20 on Monday. Oye vay. Seriously? Well, why not, right??

On to the stats for today:

Wednesday, December 3oth, 2009

Location: Manas AB, Kyrgyzstan
Start time: 7:13am
Start temp: 24f
Finish temp: 26f
Mood: Better than the other day, still dreading it like I used to.
Distance: 5.4 Shooting for 5 again today, made up for Monday a little as well.
Time: 48:17
Average Pace: 8:53min/mile
*New* Tony Burch's prediction on my mood for tomorrow: Angry and bitter at the beginning of shift, changing to happy and funny by the end of shift.

Here is a link to today's run. Click!


Thanks for tuning in! See you in a few days.

Get out there and run!

1 comment:

  1. I've always found the cold to be invigorating...once my the feeling comes back to my legs, and my hands, and I get some damn coffee...anything under 40 and I am finished, running inside, whining about how cold it is. I feel ya.
    Shoot me an email would ya, I lost your email address through a series of mistakes. Maybe see you at the end of March.

    ReplyDelete